The List of the Ornaments of the Holy Ka'bah
The Holy Ka'bah during Kiswah repairing
- The ornaments of the Holy Ka'bah include all forms. of the beautification and decoration of the interior and exterior of the Holy Ka'bah.
- Abdul Muttalib, the grandfather of the Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) was the first to decorate the Holy Ka'bah with the two gazelles which he came across while digging up Zamzam. He also decorated the door of the Holy Ka'bah with the weapons which he found with the two gazelles. (12)
- It was then decorated by AI-Waleed Ibn Abdul Malik, Abdullah Ibn Al-Zubair (may Allah be pleased with them), Al-Amin, the Abbasid Caliph, AI-Mutawakil, AI-Mu'tadid, AI-Muqtadir and many others. The last of them were Kings Abdul Aziz, Saud, Faisal, Khalid (may their souls rest in peace), and the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques (may Allah grant him success). (14, v. 3, p. 53)
- The decoration of the Holy Ka'bah includes embellishing some of its parts with gold and silver, such as the interior corners, the waterspout, the door, the interior pillars and the lock.
- Examples of its ornaments include the two golden gazelles and the inlaid weapons accompanying them, jewels, crescents, rare bottles, sapphires, pearls, chrysolites, silver crowns, locks, diamonds, pearl strands, lamps, wooden pieces, crystals, brass, glass and bejewelled candles. (l4)
- Many of the gifts to the Holy Ka'bah and much of its decoration were subject to loss due to previous torrential floods, demolition and attacks. Nowadays the situation is different and all the properties of the Holy Ka'bah are secure and safe.